The following guidelines must be followed when submitting a paper for IFMA 22.
Papers must address one of the conference sub-themes, focusing on farm management issues:
- Future technologies
- Roles of governments
- People of future agriculture
- Managing farm business
- Business models for farming
- Downstream linkages
- Environment & resources
- Research and extension services
- Strategies for agricultural growth
Authors must submit an electronic version of their paper through the Conference Design Portal. Disks, CDs or hard copies will not be accepted.
The final deadline for submission of all papers is 5pm Wednesday 31st October 2018.
Papers must be written in English and should not contain more than 3,500 words.
For academic papers a full and anonymous version of each paper must be submitted. For applied papers only the full manuscript version is required.
Full manuscripts should take the form:
- Cover page containing the following information
- Congress sub theme followed by Title
- The author(s) names and affiliation(s). Where authors come from more than one organisation use superscript numbers to indicate their affiliation.
- The name and contact details (email, phone and postal address) of the corresponding author.
- Acknowledgements (including information on grants received).
- The number of words of the article (excluding tables and references).
- Whether the paper is Academic or Applied.
- A statement that the work is all original research carried out by the authors (academic papers only).
- Main text including an abstract in italics and not exceeding 200 words followed by key words (maximum 6). This should explain the purpose and conclusions of the contribution. Papers should include the purpose of the research, the methods and principal results, the major points of discussion and conclusions.
- keywords – maximum 6
- material studied/area description/methods
Anonymous manuscripts should have the congress sub theme and title of the paper on the first page, IN CAPITAL LETTERS, centred on the page followed by the main text as described in (ii) above. Neither the authors’ names nor any of the details noted in (i.) above other than the sub theme and title should be included in the anonymous manuscript.
Papers should be typewritten on A4 (210x297mm) size pages, and pages should be numbered throughout right aligned in the page footer.
Page Setup should be as follows:
- Line spacing: 1.5
- Margins: Set to ‘mirror margins’; inside margin 3.25cm (1 ¼ inch), outside margin
- 2.6cm (1 inch)
- Title text font: Arial 12pt, CAPITAL and bold
- Abstract: Times New Roman 12pt italics
- Main or Body text font: Times New Roman 12pt
- Sub Heading font: Times New Roman 12pt bold
- Tables and figures: Times New Roman 12pt
- Text alignment: TITLE = centred
- Abstract = indented 5cm left and right, justified
- Main text = justified
- Headings, tables and figures = left aligned
Tables and figures should be kept clear, simple and to a minimum. They should be placed in their correct position in the paper (do not append at the end). Colour should be avoided – use shading or hatches for graphs.
All units of measurement should be metric. If you want to include imperial measurements in the text place these in brackets after the metric measurement.
Photographs should be kept to a minimum, but where relevant, should be clean sharp images.
When a paper is accepted it is considered to be in its final form.
Terms & Conditions
Note, by submitting a manuscript to IFMA22:
You confirm that the work described in the manuscript has not ever been published before (except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, or thesis), and that it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere.
Authors acknowledge and accept that submissions will be considered for publication on the basis that due regard has been paid to ethical considerations relating to the work reported and the work contains no defamatory or unlawful statements.
Authors who wish to reproduce material from previously published sources, or where the copyright is owned by a third party, such as tables or images, must obtain written permission from the copyright holder (usually the publisher) and the author(s)/artist(s) of the original material. The caption must include a relevant credit to the copyright holder. Copyright is required for use in all formats (including digital), in perpetuity and in all geographical regions worldwide.
You will receive an email informing you whether or not your paper has been accepted by Friday 21st December 2018 at the latest.
At least one author MUST be registered to attend IFMA22 by Friday 25th January 2019 or your paper will be withdrawn from the programme.
PowerPoint presentations to be provided to Conference Design by Friday 22 February, 2019
References should be cited using the Harvard system. They should be placed at the end of the paper. Each entry in the reference list should include:
- Name and initials of author(s).
- Year of publication, followed by either (in the case of articles/journals): title of periodical, volume number, issue number, first and last page references or (in the case of books): Title of book, edition number, publisher, place of publication, first and last page references.